The EZ80002222 is designed to split a single Cat-5/6 type cable into 4 separate circuits for use with 2-Wire Digital Telephones using the RJ45’s pins 3 & 6. As an example, Panasonic Digital Telephones use pins 3 & 6.
Each EZ80002222 has 1 plug and 4 staggered jacks – with each cord being slightly longer than the other. The shortest cord is DIGITAL circuit #1 and the longer cord is DIGITAL circuit #4.
You will need 1 EZ80002222 wiring harness at each end.
Sometimes, a picture is worth a thousand words. We know this and so we have created a video for each of our cords. If you would like to see how the EZ80002222 is used, simple click here:
- Insert an Industry Standard, 8-pin patch cord of a length appropriate for your application into Jack #1 and then plug the other end of that patch cord into the Digital Extension Port on the Panasonic PBX that you are using.
- Repeat Step-2 for circuit #2, 3 & 4 using another port on the PBX.
- Locate the wall jack at the far end of the cable run that the EZ80002222 is plugged into. Plug another EZ80002222 into that wall outlet.
- Plug the first Digital Telephone into Jack #1 (the shortest cord).
- In the Equipment Room, plug the 8-pin, RJ45 plug into the port of the Main Patch Panel that you want to split into separate circuits.
- Plug the second, third & forth Digital Telephone into Jack #2, 3 & 4 (4 is the longest cord).
If you followed the steps as outlined above, both devices will work unless:
- One or all of the Digital Telephone ports are bad or configured improperly on the PBX;
- You are plugged into the wrong port of the Main Patch Panel;
- You are plugged into the wrong RJ45 wall jack outlet;
- One or all of the Digital Telephones are bad.
EZCORDS are passive devices, meaning that they have no electronics that could go bad.